Sold out!KANN CUBE is sold out, however orders will still be accepted. Estimated ship date is August 1, 2019.
The Audio Powerhouse
KANN CUBE is the second model of the KANN line, which focuses on high fidelity with powerful output and low noise. The newly designed powerful amplifier and audio circuitry have been strategically implemented to offer a very low noise floor, even with its massive power output, making it an Audio Powerhouse capable of driving the most power-hungry headphones.Three Audio Output Modes, Up to 12V of Power Dual ESS ES9038PRO DACs, designed for Pro Audio Equipment 5-pin Mini XLR Output for Even Less Noise Quad-Core CPU 5.0" 720x1280 HD Touchscreen 32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256 Support Open APP Support for Music Streaming
Introducing the Astell&Kern KANN CUBE, which achieves a more powerful output and lower noise than ever before.
Absolute Audio Powerhouse
KANN CUBE offers 3 different power output options of High / Mid / Low, which can drive any headphone with unprecedented power never seen before in any portable device - 12Vrms for Balanced output and 6Vrms for Unbalanced output. To provide a natural and neutral audio experience with minimal distortion, a newly designed OP Amp and Volume IC manages power optimally and efficiently.
A Comparison of outputs of KANN CUBE vs KANN vs AK380+AMP
ESS ES9038PRO SABRE Dual DACs
KANN CUBE uses two 8-channel DACs, the ES9038PRO, one for the left and one for the right channel. As each DAC chip sends out 8 channels of audio signal through the Astell&Kern Analog AMP Block, you experience unlimited sound stage and the full depth of the original performance.
About ESS SABRE PRO DAC
The ESS SABRE PRO series of Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC) is targeted for premium audiophile and professional recording studio equipment. The SABRE PRO series sets a new benchmark in high-end audio by offering the industry's highest dynamic range (DNR) with impressively low levels of total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N) in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC. All PRO SABRE DACs feature ESS's patented 32-bit HyperStream DAC technology which delivers outstanding sound quality and industry leading performance.
ESS DAC Line-Up
ESS has two major lines of DAC chips – the ‘SABER PRO’ for audiophile systems and ‘SABER HIFI’ for mobile devices, such as the LG V10, V20, V30 smartphones or Onkyo DAPs. The SABER PRO DACs are seldomly used for DAPs and are primarily used with Pro-Audio systems or traditional Hi-Fi products. The ES9038PRO is the latest DAC from ESS and the SABER PRO line. KANN CUBE is the first DAP device to adopt the SABER PRO DACs in a dual DAC configuration, dedicating 8-channels for the left and 8-channels for the right side.
5-pin Mini XLR Output for Even Less Noise
KANN CUBE offers a 5-pin mini XLR connector for the first time in an Astell&Kern player. Thanks to the even lower noise floor and higher audio output through the XLR connection, you can enjoy pure, clear audio playback. It offers easier connection to your home audio systems and active speakers with balanced connections.
Enhanced Audio Processing Power with Quad-core CPU
Some may think that only sound matters in Hi-Fi systems. While it does matter greatly, there are other factors that influence your immersive music experience as well. KANN CUBE is designed to remove any distracting elements, including noise, distortion and unintuitive user interface.
The Quad-core CPU gives you even more processing power for your digital music and a lot faster, natural UI experience. Get lost in your music without distractions.
Ultimate Sound Quality
The latest ESS ES9038PRO dual-DAC design and the upgraded CPU in the KANN CUBE allows for accurate playback of native 32bit/384kHz audio with no compromise on sound quality. The music is played back, bit-for-bit, just as the artist and engineer intended for it to be heard.
KANN CUBE also supports native bit-to-bit DSD playback up to 11.2MHz for the best sound possible.32-Bit Bit-to-Bit Playback by KANN CUBE 32-Bit Playback by Other Players
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables you to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device. Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product and install the relevant App in the Menu-->Services of the player.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording. The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information. Astell&Kern KANN CUBE includes MQA technology, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording.
The MQA logo is a trademark of MQA Limited. © MQA Limited 2018
The isolated sides of the rectangles on KANN CUBE are not simply for looks. They emphasize the role of the device by placing the player’s functions in the correct place for a more intuitive interface and better usability, while also providing a sense of aesthetic stability. The pursuit of connectivity and consistency of form and function is at the core of Astell&Kern's design philosophy.
Combining Astell&Kern’s player performance with the high-powered AMP, KANN CUBE can produce the most powerful performance in the Astell&Kern player lineup and is designed to deliver a heavy and solid impression.
Package contents include:
- KANN CUBE Device x 1
- USB Type-C Cable x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- microSD Card Slot Cover x 2
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)
KANN CUBE User Guide
- KANN CUBE User Guide - English
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Japanese
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Russian
- KANN CUBE User Guide - French
- KANN CUBE User Guide - German
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Chinese (Simplified)
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Chinese (Traditional)
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Spanish
- KANN CUBE User Guide - Korean
KANN CUBE MAC OS Driver
KANN CUBE is compatible with MAC OS X 10.7 and up. In order for a Mac computer to communicate with our device a MTP program will need to be installed.
How to install the program for file transfer:
- Disconnect Device from PC
- Download the file transfer driver at Android File Transfer site: http://www.android.com/filetransfer
- Install the file downloaded according to the provided directions on website.
- After successful installation, connect the device with the computer.
MQS Streaming Server
Access music files for streaming or downloading that are stored on the computer on the same network. Please download the file below based on your computer operating system. Please refer to the product user guide for further instructions.
KANN CUBE USB DAC Driver
Driver File: KANN CUBE USB DAC Driver
- This Driver is for Windows XP (32bit), Windows 7/8(32/64bit). In case of MAC OS, it can recognize without Driver install.
- Driver is installed only the first time. After that, it will be recognized automatically.
- To use KANN CUBE USB DAC as Default device, please modify the setting as below:
- Windows XP: Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices – Change Sound Playback default device to "KANN CUBE USB DAC" in the ‘Audio’ tab.
- Windows 7/8: Control Panel - Sounds – Select the "KANN CUBE USB DAC" in the ‘Play’ tab, and then select as “set as the Default device”
- To play High quality sound in Windows 7/8: Control Panel–Sounds - Click the Properties of "KANN CUBE USB DAC" - ‘Advanced’ tab – Change Default to the “24bit, 192000Hz"
- For Native DSD playback, music playback program can play Native DSD. Depending on the music playback program, you have to change ‘Device’ into the ‘KANN CUBE USB DAC’ in the device settings.
- Please refer to the manual for other USB DAC information.
How to install Driver
- Disconnect the KANN CUBE from PC
- On the Home Screen of KANN CUBE, Touch the "DAC/DISK" and then change into the "DAC". Or, Setting–USB connection setting – “DAC Input”
- Click the Download button and download the USB DAC, and run the "setup.exe" file, then click the [Next >] button
- When the below screen is displayed, connect the KANN CUBE to PC, then Click the [Next >] button.
- USB DAC connection screen will be displayed on KANN CUBE. Install location screen will be displayed on the install program.
- Click the [Install] button.
- When install is completed, please click [Finish] button.