Sold Out!Check out our authorized dealers for availability:
ONE PLAYER TO RULE THEM ALL
KANN is here to lead the portable high-res audio industry to a whole new level.
Astell&Kern’s experience with technology and portable devices makes it possible for the KANN to offer dynamic power and performance. KANN is the complete all-around portable high-res digital music player with powerful output and studio quality sound.
Astell&Kern's KANN provides a new power standard for on-the-go music performance. Combining a high-quality audio player and a high-performance amplifier, KANN draws on the technological expertise of Astell&Kern.
Focusing on a strong output and crystal-clear sound, the all-in-one KANN offers the following features:
Truly powerful & high-quality output
Astell&Kern has introduced a new product design that cleverly incorporates a high-performance amplifier into a player for a perfect merger of two independent devices. Supporting the output of 7 Vrms when connected via high-gain balanced output, the KANN not only drives high-impedance headphones without an additional amplifier, but also reliably reproduces high-quality sound with low-impedance speakers.
Output optimized to user's listening environment
KANN, the first Astell&Kern product to be equipped with a line-out circuit designed to set the output values in 4 levels, depending on the user's listening preference. This feature is a significant step up from previous products which did not provide output/volume control. With the selectable output function, you can fine-tune your sound to suit a home system, car audio or any other listening environment.
KANN also supports Astell&Kern's 2.5mm 4-pole balanced outputs (2 Vrms). Unlike the unbalanced type, balanced output removes noise (common mode noise) from "signal + inverting amplifier signal" and has the strength to increase output with its double transmitting signals.
Deliver the perfect original sound
KANN offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound. Capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit/384kHz with native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, KANN delivers detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Scalability using USB Audio
To increase flexibility of use, you can connect additional USB Audio to KANN via the micro USB port. KANN allows output conversion according to the specifications of the external USB Audio that supports DoP (DSD over PCM) or PCM, and provides continuous music playback with charging via the USB Type-C port while connected to the external USB Audio.
* USB audio (Digital Out) output is available only when digital input is possible through USB.
* DoP (DSD over PCM): This is a standard method for transferring DSD data to USB interface. This standard sends DSD data by mounting them onto PCM data frames.
* To link KANN with an external USB Audio, an OTG cable (not included) is required.
* The separately purchased cable connecting the OTG cable to an external USB Audio must be appropriate for the specification of the USB Audio.
The finest sound quality from audio files stored on a computer
Supporting the bit-to-bit playback up to 32-bit/384kHz when connected to the computer for use as a USB DAC, the KANN produces richer sounds with superior spatial effects and resolution that go far beyond the limits of any computer sound card.
- KANN supports up to 32-bit/384kHz with specs of USB Audio Class 2.0.
- 64/128/256MHz DSD formats can be played back with the USB DAC driver installed
Connecting to a Wireless Network
KANN supports wireless networking DLNA (Ver. 1.0), which makes it easy to work with PC/NAS on the same AP network and through the AK Connect app supporting smartphone/tablet computer interfaces.
The AK Connect and AK Connect HD apps Download
The AK Connect and AK Connect HD apps are available for download from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Dual memory card slots
KANN has an internal memory of 64GB, but this can be easily and flexibly boosted via the unit's dual memory card slots. KANN supports both standard SD cards and micro SD cards, so users can select their preferred memory type. The memory is expandable up to 912 GB to easily handle larger audio files.
* Memory cards other than validated products such as Sandisk or Samsung may not be compatible with this product.
Enjoy up to 6.5 hours of your favorite music with a single 1 hour charge through the fast charger. There is no fear of a dead battery when on a long journey as the 6,200mA large capacity battery offers 15 hours of continuous playback.* The maximum 15-hour continuous play is based on 16-bit/44 kHz, FLAC file format, screen off, 50% of volume, and Normal playback.
* Fast charger (9V/1.67A) and general Charger (5V/2A) are not included in the package.
The design of KANN stands apart from Astell&Kern's other product lines. During assembly, the parts are slid into the aluminum extruded body, and the unique, no-joint design delivers a durable yet sleek appearance.
The glittering space-based 'Astro Silver' and 'Eos Blue' representing the goddess of dawn embody the strong yet soft features of KANN.
The innovative volume wheel makes one-hand control easy. By positioning the main control buttons to the bottom of the front panel, convenient music search and quick home screen operation are intuitive.
Package contents include:
- KANN Device x 1
- USB Type-C Cable x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- SD Card Slot Cover x 2
- microSD card slot cover x 2
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)
KANN User Guide - English
KANN User Guide - Japanese
KANN User Guide - Russian
KANN User Guide - Korean
KANN User Guide - German
KANN User Guide - Chinese (Simplified)
KANN User Guide - Chinese (Traditional)
MAC OS Driver
KANN is compatible with MAC OS X 10.7 and up. In order for a Mac computer to communicate with our device a MTP program will need to be installed.
How to install the program for file transfer:
- Disconnect Device from PC
- Download the file transfer driver at Android File Transfer site: http://www.android.com/filetransfer
- Install the file downloaded according to the provided directions on website.
- After successful installation, connect the device with the computer.
MQS Streaming Server
Access music files for streaming or downloading that are stored on the computer on the same network. Please download the file below based on your computer operating system. Please refer to the product user guide for further instructions.
KANN USB DAC DriverKANN USB DAC Driver References
- This Driver is for Windows XP (32bit), Windows 7/8(32/64bit). In case of MAC OS, it can recognize without Driver install.
- Driver is installed only first time. After that, it will be recognized automatically.
- To use KANN USB DAC as Default device, please modify the setting as below:
- Windows XP: Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices – Change Sound Playback default device to "KANN USB DAC" in the ‘Audio’ tab.
- Windows 7/8: Control Panel - Sounds – Select the "KANN USB DAC" in the ‘Play’ tab, and then select as “set as the Default device”
- To play High quality sound in Windows 7/8: Control Panel – Sounds - Click the Properties of "KANN USB DAC" - ‘Advanced’ tab – Change Default to the “24bit, 192000Hz"
- For Native DSD playback, music playback program can play Native DSD. Depending on the music playback program, you have to change ‘Device’ into the ‘KANN USB DAC’ in the device settings.
- Disconnect the KANN from PC
- On the Home Screen of KANN, Touch the "DAC/DISK" and then change into the "DAC". Or, Setting – USB connection setting – “DAC Input”
- Click the Download button and download the USB DAC, and run the "setup.exe" file, then click the [Next >] button
- When the below screen is displayed, connect the KANN to PC, then Click the [Next >] button.
- USB DAC connection screen will be displayed on KANN. Install location screen will be displayed on the install program.
- Click the [Install] button