Radically different sound, A&futura SE100
A&futura is a premium line of players with advanced features that bring the original performance to life.
The SE100, the first model of A&futura, is designed for you to feel the quality of premium Hi-Fi from the moment you hold it.
Similar audio block design of SP1000 for premium Hi-Fi audio performance
A&futura SE100 is the first step in your premium audio journey.
Premium value that you can feel in your hands
A&futura SE100 shows our dedication to provide both premium quality and value to our listeners including an eye-catching design. It features a 5-inch touchscreen, Octa-core CPU, and the best audio performance in its league. Astell&Kern is committed to delivering the original performance as the artist intended you to hear and the SE100 is a symbolic example of this vision and effort.
A&futura SE100 introduces an 8-channel DAC chip. 8-channel DACs have previously only been available for premium home audio systems, pro-audio workstations, and recording studio equipment. It is making a debut for the first time in an Astell&Kern portable system. Your favorite tunes will now sound fundamentality different with even greater dynamic range and refined sound.
There are many audio companies that talk about 'technologies', yet Astell&Kern is the only brand that talks about 'progress' in the audio experience.
- The ESS SABRE PRO series of Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC) is targeted at premium audiophile and recording studio equipment. The SABRE PRO series sets a new benchmark in high-end audio by offering the industry's highest dynamic range (DNR) with impressively low levels of total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N) in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC. All PRO SABRE DACs feature ESS's patented 32-bit HyperStream DAC technology which delivers outstanding sound quality and industry leading performance.
It is common knowledge in the audio industry that the amplifier plays a critical role in Hi-Fi audio systems. The latest know-how and amplifier design technologies developed by Astell&Kern have brought 4.1Vrms of balanced output power with minimal noise. As the output power increases, the noise fluctuates louder as well. However, A&futura SE100 shows 123dB of SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) at 4.1Vrms of audio output. At the same time, the noise level on single-ended is even smaller, it produces 122dB of SNR. Pure sound is the result in our technical achievement allowing for powerful, yet clean sound to be delivered gracefully by the SE100.
SE100 vs. AK380
* SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) As the signal-to-noise ratio increases, the clearer the sound becomes.
* THD+N (THD + Noise, Distortion) over the THD + Noise signal rate, less distortion is heard.
Femto-Second Clock for Exact Sonic Reproduction
An enhanced voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision clock has been utilized in the A&futura SE100. The reference jitter of Astell&Kern's implementation has improved performance to 800fs (femto seconds), meaning that the SE100 faithfully reproduces your music by precisely measuring and accurately timing the synchronization of all instruments, vocal and even ambience sound recorded in your digital music file together.
Great Performance for the Ultimate Experience
The A&futura SE100 is equipped with an octa-core CPU which allows the player to produce the exact musical detail present in the original recording without distortion and provides a quick, lag-free operation.
The A&futura SE100 features faster booting times, speedy file transfers, lag-free processing and a new intuitive user interface for the ultimate player experience.
Ultimate Sound Quality
The A&futura SE100 supports native bit-to-bit DSD playback up to 11.2MHz for the best sound possible. The music is played back, bit-for-bit, just as the artist and engineer intended for it to be heard.
Faster Charging, Quicker File Transfer
Next generation USB Type-C support allows file transfer speeds up to 10Gbps and supports both data transfer and charging from the same cable.
USB 3.0 protocol transfers data twice as fast when compared to other Astell&Kern players. Charging with a fast charger (at 9V/1.67A) takes only two hours and allows up to 11 hours of continuous playback.
* The maximum 11-hour continuous play is based on 16-bit/44 kHz, FLAC file format, screen off, 75 of volume playback.
* Fast charger (9V/1.67A) and general Charger (5V/2A) are not included in the package.
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables the user to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device. Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product and install the relevant App in the Menu-Service of the product.
The design of A&futura SE100 resembles "unrestricted balance" from a composition of a trapezoid and curves together. The volume knob at the end of the side curve is easy to operate from front and back and its shape fits just right in either hand.
The glass back plate has a unique arrangement of "A" logos in a diamond pattern that visualizes the amplification of Astell&Kern before your eyes. As you rotate the device under light, hidden beauty shines as you change the angle and reveal its beauty.
Package contents include:
- SE100 Device x 1
- USB Type-C Cable x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- microSD card slot cover x 2
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)
*Case is not included in the product package. Cases for this model are available for purchase separately.
SE100 User Guide
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - English
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Japanese
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Russian
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - French
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - German
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Chinese (Simplified)
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Chinese (Traditional)
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Spanish
- A&futura SE100 User Guide - Korean
SE100 MAC OS Driver
SE100 is compatible with MAC OS X 10.7 and up. In order for a Mac computer to communicate with our device a MTP program will need to be installed.
How to install the program for file transfer:
- Disconnect Device from PC
- Download the file transfer driver at Android File Transfer site: http://www.android.com/filetransfer
- Install the file downloaded according to the provided directions on website.
- After successful installation, connect the device with the computer.
MQS Streaming Server
Access music files for streaming or downloading that are stored on the computer on the same network. Please download the file below based on your computer operating system. Please refer to the product user guide for further instructions.
SE100 USB DAC Driver
Driver File: SE100 USB DAC Driver
- This Driver is for Windows XP (32bit), Windows 7/8(32/64bit). In case of MAC OS, it can recognize without Driver install.
- Driver is installed only the first time. After that, it will be recognized automatically.
- To use SE100 USB DAC as Default device, please modify the setting as below:
- Windows XP: Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices – Change Sound Playback default device to "SE100 USB DAC" in the ‘Audio’ tab.
- Windows 7/8: Control Panel - Sounds – Select the "SE100 USB DAC" in the ‘Play’ tab, and then select as “set as the Default device”
- To play High quality sound in Windows 7/8: Control Panel–Sounds - Click the Properties of "SE100 USB DAC" - ‘Advanced’ tab – Change Default to the “24bit, 192000Hz"
- For Native DSD playback, music playback program can play Native DSD. Depending on the music playback program, you have to change ‘Device’ into the ‘SE100 USB DAC’ in the device settings.
- Please refer to the manual for other USB DAC information.
How to install Driver
- Disconnect the SE100 from PC
- On the Home Screen of SE100, Touch the "DAC/DISK" and then change into the "DAC". Or, Setting–USB connection setting – “DAC Input”
- Click the Download button and download the USB DAC, and run the "setup.exe" file, then click the [Next >] button
- When the below screen is displayed, connect the SE100 to PC, then Click the [Next >] button.
5. USB DAC connection screen will be displayed on SE100. Install location screen will be displayed on the install program. 6. Click the [Install] button.
7. When install is completed, please click [Finish] button.