Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables users to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device.
Models supporting Open APP Service: SP1000, SP1000M, SE100 and SR15
Among Astell&Kern products, not all portables will support Open APP Service as there are some minimum requirements such as OS and internal RAM to provide optimal performance and maintain a great user experience.
Open APP Service's Supported
Amazon music, Spotify, Tidal, Sound Cloud, Pandora, Qobuz, Sirius XM, Tune-In, myTuner, Melon, Bugs, Music Mate, AWA, QQ Music, KK BOX, plus more.
Specific validated apps by Astell&Kern can be installed on the select players. Not all apps available in app stores will be validated for our devices, such as Apple Music and Google, but we will continue to add services available for download. Although an app is validated, there might be some restrictions on services, policies or updates. Also, some apps are only available in select countries.
How to install Open APP Service
Instructions of how to download and install Open APP Service on your A&K player:
*Example: Download and install of Spotify on SP1000M from APKPure.com.
1. On your computer, go to https://apkpure.com.
2. In the APKpure search box, type "Spotify" and press enter.
3. Click on "Spotify Music" to take you to the app page. Then, click on the green button "Download APK" to initiate the download of the app file to your computer.
4. Connect your A&K player to your computer. Then, drag the downloaded Spotify file into the file named "OpenService" on the player.
*The OpenService folder is automatically generated on the player. The process with not work if the app file is placed outside of this folder.
5. Once complete, safely disconnect the A&K player from your computer.
6. On the main menu of the A&K player select "Service" folder.
7. Now you will see the apps that have been downloaded to the player and you will need to install the app by tapping on the icon to the right.
8. Next, select "INSTALL" to initiate the install process.
9. Once the install is complete you are ready to start streaming!
To install other APPs on the player, repeat the steps above for each service.
Music Streaming App Offline Mode Support
Some apps such as Spotify and Tidal support offline mode, but there are restrictions such as downloading files to external memory. For example, Tidal is unable to specify a location to store files in offline mode. Since it is hidden in the system, you will not find them from the internal memory of the player only in the Tidal app.
*Example: How to play Tidal in offline mode.
1. While connected to WiFi, download content that you would like to access while in offline mode.
2. Once all files are downloaded as accessible for offline mode, turn off WiFi on the player.
3. Access your offline content in the Tidal app and press play. Note: You will still be able to directly access your currently playing content through the Notification Bar while the app is running.
- Caution -
The source of apps listed is unknown and not provided by Astell&Kern. Please be aware that if any app is installed, the device may be damaged and personal data compromised. If you install an app from an unknown source, despite the warning, Astell&Kern is not responsible for any damages to the device and data resulting from the app's installation, and downloading and installing such apps may limit the scope of after-sales services provided by Astell&Kern.
Installation of any app is under the discretion of the user.