Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables users to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device.
Models supporting Open APP Service: SR15, SR25, SR25 MKII, KANN ALPHA, SA700, KANN Cube, SE100, SE180, SE200, SP1000M, SP1000, SP2000T, SP2000
Among Astell&Kern products, not all portables will support Open APP Service as there are some minimum requirements such as OS and internal RAM to provide optimal performance and maintain a great user experience.
Open APP Service's Supported
- All countries: 7Digital, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Audiobooks by Audible, AWA, bandcamp, BBC iPlayer Radio, Bugs, Deezer, DS Audio, FLO, Foobar2000, Genie, IDAGIO, Joox, KK BOX, Last.FM, Melon, Moov, myTuner Radio, Nugs.net*, Onkyo HF Player, Pandora*, Player FM, Qobuz, QQ Music, Sirius XM, SoundCloud, Spotify**, Tidal, Tune-In Radio, xiami music and Yandex Music.
Bold = available in North America
* Only available on select devices (Nugs.net is only supported on octa-core players)
** We recently found Spotify to have compatibility issues with current APK versions and a few A&K players with older Android OS versions (SR15, SA700, KANN Cube, etc.). APK version updates and modifications of app providers depend on their policies and compatibility restrictions and cannot be modified by us.
*Specific validated apps by Astell&Kern can be installed on the select players. Not all apps available in app stores will be validated for our devices, such as Google Play, but we will continue to add services available for download. Although an app is validated, there might be some restrictions on services, policies or updates. Also, some apps are only available in select countries.
*Current App Versions Supported & Tested by Player Model: The following app versions have been tested and are known to work without issue on Astell&Kern players that support OpenApp. There may be newer versions available that are compatible with our players. We will continue to update this list as newer versions are tested.
*For players that accept .xapk files, the XAPK Installer APP is required. Please install this application first in order for the player to recognize and install the file format. This application is developed by APKPure.
How to Install XAPK Installer APP
To install a supported music service available as an XAPK file:
- Confirm you have the APK Pure XAPK Installer installed as an app on your OpenApp supported Astell&Kern player under the services menu.
- If you have not installed the XAPK Installer, download XAPK Installer from this link - https://apkpure.com/xapk-installer/com.apkpure.installer
- Copy to OpenService folder. Once it appears in the services menu on player, install the XAPK installer on the player like you would any other APK.
- Copy the XAPK of the music service you would like to install to OpenService Folder.
- Open XAPK Installer app in the services menu on the player. Choose the XAPK file you would like to install and click install.
** Please note, you cannot install any XAPK files. You are still limited to apps that are currently whitelisted by Astell&Kern.
How to install Open APP Service
Instructions of how to download and install Open APP Service on your A&K player:
*Example: Download and install of Spotify (APK file) on SP1000M from APKPure.com.
1. On your computer, go to https://apkpure.com.
2. In the APKpure search box, type "Spotify" and press enter.
3. Click on "Spotify Music" to take you to the app page. Then, click on the green button "Download APK" to initiate the download of the app file to your computer.
4. Connect your A&K player to your computer. Then, drag the downloaded Spotify file into the file named "OpenService" on the player.
*The OpenService folder is automatically generated on the player. The process with not work if the app file is placed outside of this folder.
5. Once complete, safely disconnect the A&K player from your computer.
6. On the main menu of the A&K player select "Service" folder.
7. Now you will see the apps that have been downloaded to the player and you will need to install the app by tapping on the icon to the right.
8. Next, select "INSTALL" to initiate the install process.
9. Once the install is complete you are ready to start streaming!
To install other APPs on the player, repeat the steps above for each service.
Music Streaming App Offline Mode Support
Some apps such as Spotify and Tidal support offline mode. For full instructions, please see the instructions of the corresponding application. Also, some apps allow for you to choose the location of where the files are stored. To save storage space on the device, you may choose files to be saved to the the external memory (microSD card) tin the settings of the app. Note: You will not be able to access these files outside of the application, they will be hidden.*Example: How to play Tidal in offline mode.
1. While connected to WiFi, download content that you would like to access while in offline mode.
2. Once all files are downloaded as accessible for offline mode, turn off WiFi on the player.
3. Access your offline content in the Tidal app and press play. Note: You will still be able to directly access your currently playing content through the Notification Bar while the app is running.
- Caution -
The source of apps listed is unknown and not provided by Astell&Kern. Please be aware that if any app is installed, the device may be damaged and personal data compromised. If you install an app from an unknown source, despite the warning, Astell&Kern is not responsible for any damages to the device and data resulting from the app's installation, and downloading and installing such apps may limit the scope of after-sales services provided by Astell&Kern.
Installation of any app is under the discretion of the user.